måndag 1 februari 2010

My World week 5

My World is sometimes a very unkind world. Recently I got into contact with Anna whose 12 years old son Gustav contracted lymphoma one year ago. Now the illness recurrenced and after maximum radiotherapy the doctors decided to break off the treatment. The tumour will win and Gustav will soon not be with us anymore. I feel icecold and being chilled to the marrow thinking about that this "flower" Gustav will be gone forever. Where is the justice? I know this wasn´t a very elevating post this week but necessary for me to talk about. For me some kind of comfort. This is a nightmare for every parent in this world. Though I´m not religious, please join me in this prayer for Gustav and his family.

8 kommentarer:

Unknown sa...

How very sad! Gustav seems way too young to die. Sometimes I wonder if there really is such a thing as "justice."

Anonym sa...

count me in the prayer rally for gustav.

Sylvia K sa...

That is so heartbreaking! Gustav is way too young to die and like Stine it makes you wonder about the reality of "justice" in the world. Please know my prayers are for Gustav and his family!
Sylvia

Carolyn Ford sa...

I can't imagine the pain and grief as the minutes, hours and days pass now. I am so sorry for Gustaf and his family and friends like you. But, this flower is such a lovely tribute to his battle, which I so hope he can win...and my thoughts and prayers are with all of you...

Victoria Tsavdaridou sa...

I really sorry for Gustav!!! I will pray for him and his family.

LadyFi sa...

That is a moving image for Gustav. I'm so very sorry for his family... I just can't begin to imagine their sorrow. Hugs.

Regina sa...

Lovely world!

Dirkjogt sa...

We've had somewhat the same message today of a good friend. For the second time cancer and chemotherapy will start, but we have no good feelings about it.